FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
From Kyoto To The World. A Hub For Organic Japanese Tea.
The Tea Crane Is Opening Its First Physical Store In Kyoto And Needs You To Help Them Share Authentic Japanese Tea Culture With The World.
[JAPAN, KYOTO, June 8, 2020—] In anticipation of the opening of The Tea Crane’s flagship store in Kyoto, the company announces its crowd funding campaign to launch the business. The physical store will function as a hub from where to share Japanese tea culture globally. The crowd funding campaign requests contributions from backers for pre-sale tickets for online and local events, tea club subscriptions, and special tea sets. The funds will be used to support the upstart of the business.
Tea master and owner, Tyas Sōsen says about the opening: “During the COVID-19 pandemic it may seem defiant to open a new physical business. Nevertheless, to us this choice is part of the statement that we believe we will overcome the pandemic in a positive way. Tea will bring people together on a deeper level in the way it always has. The physical hub in Kyoto will help us connect to people throughout the world. And while it is not possible to gather together here physically now, we want to give people the opportunity to already anticipate their visit through purchasing pre-sale tickets which in turn help us to get the business ready to receive visitors.”
The crowd funding campaign is hosted on Kickstarter and runs from June 8th until July 5th. Backers have the time to support the project during this time. Returns for backers are separated in three categories. 1. Physical products that can be shipped to people throughout the world; 2. Tickets for physical workshops and classes to be taken up during a visit to Kyoto; 3. Online classes, webinars, or courses for anyone anywhere in the world.
More details regarding the project can be retrieved from the official project page:
Physical product returns
- 【$10】Hand-written thank you letter. Email updates.
- 【$20】3 samples of delicious tea.
- 【$25】tea club subscription 1 month.
- 【$30】Signed copy of my book.
- 【$50】Tyas Sosen select exclusive tea taster box (5 teas)
- 【$100】Tyas Sosen select exclusive tea taster box (10 teas)
Pre-sell ticket returns
- 【$30】Online seminar participation (1x)
- 【$100】Online seminar participation (5x)
- 【$50】Individual tutoring package (1x)
- 【$225】Individual tutoring package (5x)
- 【$60】Physical tea tasting in Kyoto at the shop for 2 persons $60
- 【$50】Tea ceremony introduction participation $50
- 【$300】Private Tea ceremony thick tea service participation for 2 persons
Courses and experiences Pre-sell ticket returns
- 【$900】12 week Japanese tea online course
- 【$1800】 1 week tea ceremony intensive in Kyoto
- 【$4500】3-day exclusive meet & greet with tea farmers and tea farm tour.
About The Tea Crane
The Tea Crane offers an exclusive selection of top-grade naturally-grown, traditional Japanese teas by tea-master and organic tea sommelier Tyas Sōsen; first certified Belgian Japanese tea instructor and Tea-ceremony teacher in the Enshū school. The aim of The Tea Crane is to promote the taste of authentic Japanese tea. We do this by bringing the consumer and the tea farmer closer through openly sharing information about the manufacturer and the conditions in which the tea grew.
About Tyas Sōsen
Tea Master/Sommelier Tyas Sōsen relocated to Japan 12 years ago to study Japanese culture. His journey brought him to the Japanese tea ceremony and in logical succession guided him to discover the beauty of Japan’s intriguing tea culture. While Japanese green tea and matcha are becoming increasingly poplar in the West, very little information is available about the background of the product. Sōsen aims to fill this gap by sharing his knowledge and expertise with his customers.