Tokoname Shudei Kyusu "flower motif"
- Contents: 1 Shudei (red-clay) Teapot (with built-in strainer).
- Packaging: Cardboard box.
- Size (tea pot): 260ml
Tokoname-yaki is one of the largest producers of tea-ware, and especially kyusu tea-pots in Japan. Their Kyusu are very user friendly and are created with the greatest attention to the balance and harmony between beauty and usefulness.
Depending on the type of tea the kyusu is meant for, the size of the kyusu and the setting it will be used in, Tokoname kyusu come with a variety of in-layed strainers to keep the tea-leaf out of your cup.
This particular kyusu is readied with a minute strainer net in front of the mouth of the tea-pot, to allow it to be used in a wide, and universal way, for various types of tea.
The reddish-brown unglazed material of this kyusu is called "shudei" in Japanese, and is one of the specific traits that have made Tokoname-yaki famous. Unlike any other pottery, the surface of this kyusu has been maintained un-glazed, and the motif has been hand-imprinted using simple tools. The simplicity and natural feeling of these tea-pots is what distinguishes the Tokoname pottery region from other manufacturers.
Shipping and Handling:
- Shipping and Handling fees are free for shipments over 300g with Standard Airmail from Japan.
- The Tea Crane is not responsible for possible loss or damage of shipment.
- For faster shipment with insurance up to USD 200, please choose Express Shipping on check-out. [Recommended]
- All products from The tea Crane are shipped from within Japan.
We Also Recommend