Kyushu Tea Farm Trip August 2018
I am going on a journey to Kyushu, Japan's southern island, to visit with passionate producers that manufacture authentic artisan teas.
And there is more! You'll be able to follow me, and in part join me in the tea gardens from wherever you are in the world, if you choose to receive my regular updates.
Departure: August 2, 2018.
Return: August 15, 2018.
- August 2: Departure in Osaka by ferry to Shibushi.
- August 3: Early morning arrival in Shibushi. Meetings in Kagoshima area.
- August 4: Kagoshima area.
- August 5: Producer visit in Ashikita, Kumamoto.
- August 6: Producer visit in Gokase and Takachiho, Miyazaki.
- August 7: Discovery Miyazaki area.
- August 8: Yame, with a special stop on the way.
- August 9: Yame area.
- August 10: Oita, relaxation and rest in Beppu.
- August 11: Usuki. Ferry to Yawatahama.
- August 12: Producer visit in Ehime.
- August 13: Producer visit in Kochi.
- August 14:Producer visit in Takamatsu.
- August 15: Producer visit in Okayama. Return to Osaka.
More information on this journey will be added as our preparations progress. Look forward to updates on which producers we will visit; places we will stay; the roads we will drive; the teas we will drink; the foods we'll eat; and much more.
This journey is inspired by: