This tea scoop was designed and skillfully crafted by a skilled bamboo craftsman in Takayama, Japan.
Its design is original and customized to reflecting the ideas and style of The Tea Crane.
– The Indigo and white checkered pattern on the shaft reflects the current identifying colors of The Tea Crane.
– The choice for black bamboo is related to the image of the interior of our store.
– The shape of the tea scoop is created to be handled with ease and help you with measuring your matcha.
For a bowl of thin-tea (usucha), scoop tea with the bowl of the tea-scoop only, and insert 2 scoops and a half into your tea-bowl.
For a bowl of thick-tea (koicha), use the entire front half of the tea-scoop to draw tea onto, and measure three scoops per one person’s portion.
The whisk was crafted by Hirata Kazuhisa, one of the very few craftsmen in the only region in Japan, Takayama in Nara prefecture, where traditional hand-crafted bamboo tea whisks are produced.
- Contents: 1 original bamboo tea scoop.
- Packaging: cardboard box.
- Size: Length of tea scoop 19 cm.
There are no reviews yet.